Minute™ Total Protein Extraction Kit (for Animal Cultured Cells and Tissues (50 Preps)
Minute™ Total Protein Extraction Kit for Animal Cultured Cells and Tissues is the most advanced tool for rapid protein extraction without altered protein profile. More and more evidence has shown that the most commonly used RIPA buffer can cause unpredictable protein loss, resulting in questionable data interpretation. This problem is fully resolved by the patented spin-column-based technologies, which when used with stronger lysis buffers can effectively extract proteins from tough tissues such as skin, blood vessels, muscle, etc. When starting material is a limiting factor, the use of the proprietary protein extraction filter cartridges can be a helpful feature. This allows the extraction volume to be as low as 20 µl. This kit provides both denaturing and native cell lysis, so users can select according to specific applications. Total proteins can be extracted from cultured cells/tissues in 1-8 minutes with high yield (2-8 mg/ml).
Selected references related to protein loss by RIPA buffer:
- Bai, B., and Laiho, M. (2012) Proteomics. 12:3044-3048
- Mukhopadhyay, C. et al. (2016) PNAS 5:8228-8237
- Li, Q. (2016) Biotechniques. 61:327
- Ngoka, L. CM. (2008) Proteome Science. 6:30
Protein profiles of animal tissues extracted by denaturing lysis buffer and native lysis buffer. Extracted proteins were separated in 10% SDS-PAGE and stained with coomassie blue. Lane 1, drosophila larvae; lane 2, drosophila pupa; 3, adult drosophila; 4, goldfish muscle and 5, mouse liver.
Denaturing Cell Lysis Buffer
Native Cell Lysis Buffer
Protein Extraction Filter Cartridges
Collection Tubes with Caps
- Wang M-J et al (2014). Reversal of hepatocyte senescence after continuous in vitro cell proliferation. Hepatology 60:349-361.
- Xiang D. et al. (2014). Non-viral FoxM1 gene delivery to hepatocytes enhances liver repopulation. Cell Death and Disease 5, e1252; doi:10.1038/cddis.2014.230.
- Ishikawa H. et al. (2014) L-Carnitine Prevents Progression of Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis in a Mouse Model with Upregulation of Mitochondrial Pathway. PLoS ONE 9(7): e100627. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0100627.
- Kaya M.K. et al. (2015) Effects of lapatinib and trastuzumab on vascular endothelial growth factor in experimental corneal neovascularization1. Clinical and Experimental Opthalmology. doi: 10.1111/ceo.12500.
- M. Cuchra,et al. (2015). The role of base excision repair in the development of primary open angle glaucoma in the Polish population, Mutation Research/Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis (2015),http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mrfmmm.2015.05.003
- Nardi JB., et al. (2016). Segmental pairs of giant insect cells discharge presumptive immune proteins at each larval molt. Developmental Biology. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ydbio.2016.03.029.
- Cho S-M et al (2016). Comparison of hemocytic carbonic anhydrase activity of bivalves. Korean J. Malacol. 32(1): 63-65.
- Morimoto, K. et al. (2016). Intestinal bile acid composition modulates prohormone convertase 1β (PC1/3) expression and consequent GLP-1 production in male mice. Endocrinology, 157(3), 1071-1081.10.1210/en.2015-1551
- Misra, S. K., Ye, M., Ostadhossein, F., & Pan, D. (2016). Pro-haloacetate Nanoparticles for Efficient Cancer Therapy via Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Modulation. Scientific Reports, 6, 28196.
- Zhang, Li, et al. (2016), CHKA mediates the poor prognosis of lung adenocarcinoma and acts as a prognostic indicator. Oncology Letters. DOI: 10.3892/ol.2016.4810
- Hamauchi, S., Shichinohe, H., Uchino, H., Yamaguchi, S., Nakayama, N., Kazumata, K., & Era, T. (2016). Cellular Functions and Gene and Protein Expression Profiles in Endothelial Cells Derived from Moyamoya Disease-Specific iPS Cells. PLOS ONE, 11(9), e0163561.
- Bashir, K. M. I., & Cho, M. G. (2016). The Effect of Kanamycin and Tetracycline on Growth and Photosynthetic Activity of Two Chlorophyte Algae. BioMed Research International, 2016.
- Takahashi, K., Maejima, H., Ikuta, G., Mani, H., & Asaka, T. (2016). Exercise combined with low-level GABA A receptor inhibition up-regulates the expression of neurotrophins in the motor cortex. Neuroscience Letters.
- Li. Q. (2016) Pitfalls of protein extraction by RIPA buffer. BioTechniques, Vol. 61, No. 6, December 2016, p. 327
- Szymański, P., Olszewska, P., Mikiciuk-Olasik, E., Różalski, A., Maszewska, A., Markiewicz, Ł., ... & Majsterek, I. (2017). Novel tetrahydroacridine and cyclopentaquinoline derivatives with fluorobenzoic acid moiety induce cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in lung cancer cells by activation of DNA damage signaling. Tumor Biology, 39(3), 1010428317695011.
- Kampert, T., Misra, S. K., Srivastava, I., Tripathi, I., & Pan, D. (2017). Phenotypically Screened Carbon Nanoparticles for Enhanced Combinatorial Therapy in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 1-16.
- Zhang, C., Hong, F. F., Wang, C. C., Li, L., Chen, J. L., Liu, F., ... & Wang, J. F. (2017). TRIB3 inhibits proliferation and promotes osteogenesis in hBMSCs by regulating the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Scientific Reports, 7.
- Inoue, T., Ninuma, S., Hayashi, M., Okuda, A., Asaka, T., & Maejima, H. (2017). Effects of long-term exercise and low-level inhibition of GABAergic synapses on motor control and the expression of BDNF in the motor related cortex. Neurological Research, 1-8.
- Yamaguchi, K., Shindoh, C., & Miura, M. (2017). Diaphragm Muscle Contraction Decrease in a Mouse Model of Ovalbumin-Induced Allergic Airway Inflammation. J Allergy Ther, 8(265), 2.
- Maejima, H., Kanemura, N., Kokubun, T., Murata, K., & Takayanagi, K. (2017). Exercise enhances cognitive function and neurotrophin expression in the hippocampus accompanied by changes in epigenetic programming in senescence-accelerated mice. Neuroscience Letters.
- Misra, S. K., De, A., & Pan, D. (2017). Targeted Delivery of STAT-3 Modulator to Breast Cancer Stem Like Cells Down-regulates a Series of Stem-ness Genes. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, molcanther-0070.
- Liao, P., Yang, D., Liu, D., & Zheng, Y. (2017). GLP-1 and Ghrelin Attenuate High Glucose/High Lipid-Induced Apoptosis and Senescence of Human Microvascular Endothelial Cells. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, 44(5), 1842-1855.
- Guo, Q., Wu, D., Fan, C., Peng, S., Guan, H., Shan, Z., & Teng, W. (2018). Iodine excess did not affect the global DNA methylation status and DNA methyltransferase expression in T and B lymphocytes from NOD. H-2 h4 and Kunming mice. International Immunopharmacology, 55, 151-157.
- Misra, S. K., De, A., & Pan, D. (2018). Targeted Delivery of STAT-3 Modulator to Breast Cancer Stem-Like Cells Downregulates a Series of Stemness Genes. Molecular cancer therapeutics, 17(1), 119-129.
- Xue, M., Ji, X., Liang, H., Liu, Y., Wang, B., Sun, L., & Li, W. (2018). The effect of fucoidan on intestinal flora and intestinal barrier function in rats bearing breast cancer. Food & Function.
- Su, X., Tang, W., Luan, Z., Yang, Y., Wang, Z., Zhang, Y., ... & Yuan, H. Protective effect of miconazole on rat myelin sheaths following premature infant cerebral white matter injury. Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine.
- Zhao, J., Wu, X., Wu, D., Yu, Y., Yu, Y., Wang, Y., ... & Yao, K. (2018). Embryonic Surface Ectoderm-specific Mitofusin 2 Conditional Knockout Induces Congenital Cataracts in Mice. Scientific Reports, 8(1), 1522.
- Guan, X., Lu, Y., Wang, G., Gibson, P., Chen, F., Fang, K., & Yuan, Y. (2018). The Role of Regulatory T Cell in Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae-Induced Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Mediators of Inflammation, 2018.
- Yin, X., Feng, L., Ma, D., Yin, P., Wang, X., Hou, S., & Feng, J. (2018). Roles of astrocytic connexin-43, hemichannels, and gap junctions in oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion injury induced neuroinflammation and the possible regulatory mechanisms of salvianolic acid B and carbenoxolone. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 15(1), 97.
- Lu, J., Fang, K., Wang, S., Xiong, L., Zhang, C., Liu, Z. & Wang, F. (2018). Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Columbianetin on Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells. Mediators of Inflammation, 2018.
- Li, X., Yang, L., Li, D., Zhu, Y., Wang, Q., & Li, W. (2018). Pathogen-specific Binding soluble Down syndrome cell adhesion Molecule (Dscam) regulates Phagocytosis via Membrane-Bound Dscam in crab. Frontiers in immunology, 9, 801.
- Chen, Y., Li, M., Zhang, Y., Di, M., Chen, W., Liu, X., & Zhang, M. (2018). Traditional Chinese medication Tongxinluo attenuates apoptosis in ox-LDL-stimulated macrophages by enhancing Beclin-1-induced autophagy. Biochemical and biophysical research communications.
- Bashir, K. M. I., Kim, M. S., Stahl, U., & Cho, M. G. (2018). Agrobacterium-mediated genetic transformation of Dictyosphaerium pulchellum for the expression of erythropoietin. Journal of Applied Phycology, 1-16.
- Wang, C., Chen, W. J., Wu, Y. F., You, P., Zheng, S. Y., Liu, C. C., ... & Borjigin, U. (2018). The extent of liver injury determines hepatocyte fate toward senescence or cancer. Cell death & disease, 9(5), 575. Guo, Q., Wu, Y., Hou, Y., Liu, Y., Liu, T., Zhang, H & Teng, W. (2018). Cytokine Secretion and Pyroptosis of Thyroid Follicular Cells Mediated by Enhanced NLRP3, NLRP1, NLRC4, and AIM2 Inflammasomes Are Associated With Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Frontiers in immunology, 9.
- Guo, Q., Wu, Y., Hou, Y., Liu, Y., Liu, T., Zhang, H., & Teng, W. (2018). Cytokine Secretion and Pyroptosis of Thyroid Follicular Cells Mediated by Enhanced NLRP3, NLRP1, NLRC4, and AIM2 Inflammasomes Are Associated With Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Frontiers in immunology, 9.
- Maejima, H., Ninuma, S., Okuda, A., Inoue, T., & Hayashi, M. (2018). Exercise and low-level GABAA receptor inhibition modulate locomotor activity and the expression of BDNF accompanied by changes in epigenetic regulation in the hippocampus. Neuroscience Letters.
- Jiang, Q., Liu, H., Wang, S., Wang, J., Tang, Y., He, Z., & Liang, C. (2018). Circadian locomotor output cycles kaput accelerates atherosclerotic plaque formation by upregulating plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 expression. Acta Biochimica et Biophysica Sinica
- Zhang, J., Cai, H., Sun, L., Zhan, P., Chen, M., Zhang, F., ... & Wan, J. (2018). LGR5, a novel functional glioma stem cell marker, promotes EMT by activating the Wnt/β-catenin pathway and predicts poor survival of glioma patients. Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research, 37(1), 225.
- Zhang, M., Fu, Z., Chen, J., Zhu, B., Cheng, Y., & Fu, L. (2018). Low level expression of the Mitochondrial Antiviral Signaling protein (MAVS) associated with long-term nonprogression in SIV-infected rhesus macaques. Virology Journal, 15(1), 159.
- Liang, Y., Zhang, T., Shi, M., Zhang, S., Guo, Y., Gao, J., & Yang, X. Low expression of NCOA5 predicts poor prognosis in human cervical cancer and promotes proliferation, migration, and invasion of cervical cancer cell lines by regulating notch3 signaling pathway. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry.
- Zhang, X. M., Huang, Y., Cong, X., Qu, L. H., Zhang, K., Wu, L. L., ... & Yu, G. Y. Parasympathectomy increases resting secretion of the submandibular gland in minipigs in the long term. Journal of Cellular Physiology.
We Also Recommend
Minute™ Plasma Membrane Protein Isolation and Cell Fractionation Kit (50 Preps)Catalog Number: SM-005
Minute™ Total Protein Extraction Kit for Adipose Tissues/Cultured Adipocytes (20 Preps)Catalog Number: AT-022
Minute™ Cytoplasmic & Nuclear Extraction Kits for Cells (50 Preps)Catalog Number: SC-003
Minute™ Cytosolic and Nuclear Extraction Kit for Frozen/Fresh Tissues (20 Preps)Catalog Number: NT-032